Sunday, September 14, 2008

Conviction (sorry its super long!)

So Richard and I ran to Duncan Donuts today, well....to buy donuts for people, and while we were there, we noticed that both employees working were Muslim. Well the guy behind the counter in the green shirt is wearing a Muslim shirt. And when Richard noticed, he pointed out that he was wearing his velocity shirt. (thats why we took the picture) Well the point of the velocity shirt is to start up conversation, and its just a good way to invite people to the new series...

As Richard and I were waiting in line, we talked about how we should totally witness to this guy! And how cool it would be. So we ordered our donuts, and we payed.... and we walked out the door. Without saying a word. It kills me, that just two days ago I went off on a huge tangent on how we as Christians know the truth! We can stop people from going to hell, and the Lord can use my mouth to make His great and holy name known. Yet, for some reason I chose to keep it shut. And I didn't say a word.

I don't understand why it is so hard sometimes to just open up, and tell people the truth, to just tell them whats up, and whats right. The worst thing that could happen is for me to get laughed at or rejected, while we have brothers and sisters all over the world, who are so boldly opening their mouths, even though literally their lives are on the line. \

Well now Im on a soap box, and just ranting. Basically I just want to say, how sad it is that as Christians we can open up and put our pride on the line, and tell people the truth, and possibly be used to save their souls, and yet so often we don't. And I am so guilty of doing it every single day. So Josh and I have challenged eachother to talk to just one person a day, and I have to admit I have failed at that too. But I really want the Lord to use me. So im gonna do it! And now I'm giving you the same challenge. Lets speak up. Non-believers should have to jump over us in order to enter the gates of hell. We shouldn't just be someone who along the way, watched them enter it.

1 comment: